Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.micro-braids). Our hair braider extraordinaire, Stasha Harris, is bringing you this look on this episode of The Braid Up. Keep reading to learn all the tips and tricks you need to know before you own that ponytail—and work that updo, obvi.
Down to rock this high stitch ponytail? Peep everything you need to know beforehand, below.
1. Deep-condition your hair. With natural hair, especially type 4 hair, you need a ton of moisture to make sure your hair is properly hydrated. Give yourself a deep conditioning treatment—it’ll get your hair in perfect pre-braiding condition.
2. Slap a large amount of edge control onto the back of your hand. This is more of a tip for your braider, but it’ll give them easy access to the edge control—the best product you can use to keep your parts sleek and your edges laid.
3. Start stitch-braiding by separating your hair into about 12 sections. Stitch braids are created by feeding in braiding hair and using a specific braiding technique to create stitch-like lines in the hair.
4. Ditch the hair tie. Instead of using just a hair tie to secure your hair, wrap a couple of your braids around the base of the ponytail. I promise, this will instantly level up the cool factor of your look.
5. Clean your braids with a no-rinse cleanser. Product buildup is never a good look, so be sure to use a no-rinse cleanser about once a week. It’s a quick and easy way to freshen up your braids between wash days.
There you go! Prepare to whip your braids back and forth.
Fashion credits: Fashion Nova top and skirt, CosmoStyle by Cosmopolitan earrings